Why are breeders anti breeding? This question pupps up in my head more and more often. Breeders being almost as horrible to each other as terrorists from AR. Whenever you scroll through social media you see people, and surprisingly more often than not breeders themselves pointing fingers on other breeders…
– look they have a new litter “AGAIN” <insert eyeroll>
– I’ve never breed my female more than once or twice but look at him on his 4th litter from the same mom!
– wow just wow she had 5 litters this year I breed just once every two years!
– oh my God they have 10 dogs I can’t handle two dogs!
– ewww they don’t do this health test we do! <disease basicly non existent in the breed>
– they’re guarantee is 24 months… reputable breeder would extend to 25!
– they don’t… But I do!
Why can’t we breeders support each other. Why can’t we be happy there are breeders breeding dogs… well isn’t this something dog breeding is about anyways? Breeding dogs?
Most of us do what we can to breed good dogs, to provide the most we can to our puppies, our adult dogs and our customers. We are different. We have different priorities. But we do try.
And there is nothing bad with breeders breeding more than other breeders of they do their best and provide good puppies to good homes. Those are the breeders that make a difference. We need well breed dogs. We need more well breed dogs actually.
How many litters breeder should have? As many as he or she can find good homes for. For some it will be 1 litter every now and than and for some others it will be 6 litters a year with a long queue of future responsible owners waiting on their dream puppy.
Latest posts by Ewa Ziemska (see all)
- The Character of the Presa Canario – by Paloma Iglesias Sanz - 29 January 2020
- History and Theories Surrounding the Origin of the Presa Canario - 29 January 2020
- Year 1997 – the Current Profile of the Presa Canario - 29 January 2020